I had a play this morning and I loved the results.
- 2m (2.2yard) length of iron on interfacing that will make a finished handle of 25mm (1 inch).
- Cut 5cm (2 inch) fabric strips on the cross grain (that's horizontal to selvedges) and a piece of interfacing the same length.
- Place shiny side down and iron as per instructions.
- The perforated edges make folding a dream and the result is perfectly even handles.
- Add ribbon or bias (I used a 20mm bias) to the back and stitch both sides.
- The key here is take it slow so your stitch lines are beautifully straight.