Crochet a beanie for less than $8


With the scarves & boots well and truly out in Melbourne, I've also jumped on the beanie band wagon.
Yesterday at the store, we started our 2 week beanie workshop.  I was so inspired that I went home and completely finished it off.

Oh well, looks like I will just have to make another one next week in Lesson 2!

They are really simple to make and cost next to nothing.


All you need is 1 ball of wool (I used Cleckheaton Country 8 ply - Col 2292) plus a size 5mm crochet hook.
For less than $8 and a few hours work, you will have yourself an awesome little beanie.

Add embellishments such as buttons, flowers, different trims. I added a timber button from the online store.

The pattern I used above is from our beanie workshop but Crafter Chick has a range of basic patterns in all sizes.
You can then add a trim of your choice to finish it off.  I added a scalloped edge.  You can learn how to do it here.

Pinterest is another fantastic source of crochet beanie patterns.

We are holding an embellishments workshop at the Monbulk retail store on Wednesday 5th June, 10am - 2pm.  For details and to book online, head to the online store.

No comments: