Make : Grow : Thrift

I had been promising my family all weekend to make the Spiced Lattice Apple Pie from the latest issue of Extra Curricular completely forgetting that my oven died during the week and can't be replaced for 4 weeks!

So I did the next best thing and used my pizza maker oven.
While it overcooked a little on the top (it was very close to the element) is worked great and tasted fantastic!
This recipe was easy to make and the smell of apple and spices wafting through the house was divine.
I substituted the unbleached flour for gluten free as that is all I had, but wouldn't do so next time. And there will definitely be a next time.

 Did you have something that was Made : Grown : Thrifted this week? 
Please share below, we would love to hear about it. 

Each Monday you can link to a post on your blog sharing with us something that is handmade, homegrown, homemade (such as a recipe) or recycled/thrifted.

This does not need to be craft or sewing based. This is all about making our lives a little greener week by week.
Don't forget you can also upload your photo's to The Haby Goddess facebook page.

Add this button to your blog to let others know you are making a difference this year. Just copy & paste the code below.

1 comment:

Maria said...

That pie looks and sounds delicious Jodie!