Join The Haby Goddess Kris Kringle 2011


I've wanted to host a swap style event for ages so there's no better occasion than Christmas to do so!

This Kris Kringle will work a little differently than a swap.  The item you receive will not be from the person you made for and you won't know who that person is until you're ready to send it.  We are really mixing up the love.
This year's theme is CHRISTMAS - RED & WHITE
You could make an ornament for the tree, something for the table, gift tags or cards that the receiver can then use, a tea towel, an apron, a brooch - anything.
Here's how it will work:
  • Register your details in the form box below - entries close Monday, 31st October, 2011. I will also send out a confirmation email with a summary of what you need to do.
  • Make a handmade item with a Christmas theme in predominently red & white by Friday 25th November, 2011 (to allow for international post)
  • Once your gift is completed, just send through a quick email to me and I will forward the details of the person you are to post the Kris Kringle gift to. The earlier the better.  I have designed it this way to ensure those that have made & sent a gift - receive one!
  • All parcels must be posted by Friday 2nd December, 2011
  • Kris Kringle is open to both Australian & International visitors so please state when completing the form by adding a 'Y or N' after your 'Country' whether or not you are happy to post internationally.
  • You are more than welcome to share details of your gift that you made or received with your blog, facebook or twitter pages.
Register your details for
Your privacy is assured. The details from this form will be viewed only by me. I will forward only your postal address to the sender of your gift. Not your email. 
You are welcome however to include whatever details you feel comfortable with when sending your gift.

15 comments:

Melissa Antolovic said...

Oo that sounds great
Does it have to be totally handmade? Is there a $ value we should aim for (material/time wise) (iynwim)?

Rie said...

Awesome idea Jodie!

Caroline said...

I love this idea! I have already signed up. Thanks for organising, Jodie

Fussy Eater's Mum said...

Hi Jodie, Great idea. I signed up but there was no place to note Y or N on international deliveries. I'm a Y for that.

Maryanne said...

Hi Jodie, I have also signed up. My brain is already ticking with lots of ideas! Thank you.

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Hi Melissa,
Handmade is really hard to put a value on. As a guide, maybe something equivalent to an item you would buy at a craft market for around the $20 mark.
More handmade the better, but I do understand that sometimes we use items within what we are making that are not handmade.

Tiff said...

This sounds like so much fun! I am happy to post internationally too! X

Emma said...

Oo, I'd love to take part! What a great idea. I'm based in Scotland and of course would be willing to ship internationally.

Emma

ZippyZippy said...

I have just joined in too,
thanks for organising the swappee
Jacqueline

Unknown said...

I've signed up and have the badge on my blog!

Angela said...

Sounds so much fun, count me in Jodie! I'll sign up now :)

Calico Child said...

Thanks for that Jodie got my button got to add to blog now :))

bec said...

Sounds great Jodie, good idea! So do we know who we are making for in advance? So we can check their blogs etc.

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Hi Bec,
I am not giving the name of the person until your item is made and ready to send. I know that in the past, some swap partners for whatever reason are not able to complete an item so the other person misses out.
This way I hope to eliminate this by giving you the address of a person I know has a gift ready to send.
I'm guessing that everyone who has registered will love and appreciate any handmade gift that they receive :)

Ren @theredwren said...

What fun! I've just signed up. Thanks for organising.