To complete the tea towel gifts I made for some girlfriends, I whipped up some cute notebooks & gift tags to match.
These honestly only took minutes to make and you only need a couple of materials.
- Fabric scraps & interfacing
- Card Stock
- Plain white paper
- Threaded sewing machine
- Back your fabric with some interfacing, draw then cut out your shapes. The interfacing will help when sewing the shapes to the card.
- Set you machine to a straight stitch and sew to a piece of card stock. Slowly is the key here. Leave a small margin from the edge.
- Cut around the fabric shape leaving a little margin on the card.
- Punch a hole and add some ribbon for tying.
- The back side needs to be neat as this is where your message will go.
- Your notebook can be any size you wish to make it. I cut A4 in half and then folded it in half again.
- The outer layer will be card stock, the inner pages normal copy paper but again you could use anything.
- Make your card stock outer layer a little larger than the inner pages.
- About 5 inner sheets folded in half (to make 10) is the perfect thickness to sew.
- Start with sewing on your applique to one half side of the card stock exactly the same as for the gift tags.
- Make a fold so you have a line to follow while sewing the paper and outer card cover together.
- Use the end threads to tie off into a knot.
- I used a walking foot but you don't need to.