Taking baby steps

When learning to sew, two techniques that beginners are often afraid of are applying bias and working with laminated fabrics. 

I have put together a simple little kit that uses both of these techniques.  This children's bib has a front panel made from laminated cotton.  It's brilliant when little ones are just learning to feed themselves as you just wipe it down.  The bib's trim is the gorgeous double fold gingham bias that is new to The Haby Goddess online store.  It is a dream to apply.  The wonderful thing about double fold bias is that where ever you sew your stitch line on the front it will be the same of the reverse side.

The kit has fabric pieces already pre-cut, includes a cotton fabric backing to bib, velcro and a Poss Bloss label.  Step by step instructions are included to help you along.

Kits are available from The Haby Goddess online store now.

When sewing with PVC, oilcloth or laminated cottons,  I would normally use my walking foot or a teflon foot,  however for the sample item, I just used my normal sewing foot attachment and it worked perfect.

1 comment:

flapjacs said...

OMG that bias tape is GORGEOUS!!

I'll put my hand up to say I like neither here - bias binding and laminated fabrics!