Now that I have 'mastered' how to do rolled hems (and yes I am very pleased with myself & can see that I'll now be adding rolled hems to everything!), I'll show you how to turn them into ruffles.
- Step 1. - Sew a straight line of basting stitch along the length of your fabric. I used a 5/8" guide.
- Step 2. - Tie your threads off at one end
- Step 3. - With the other end pull the bottom thread gently until your fabric is evenly ruffled. Tie off this end also
- Step 4. - Lay ruffle onto fabric and pin into position
- Step 5. - Slowly & carefully, sew along the basting line to secure ruffle to fabric. Some may wish to sew just above or below the basting line so you can do undo it when finished.
- Image 6. - And your ruffle is done!