Make : Grow : Thrift



Each Monday you can link to a post on your blog sharing with us something that is handmade, homegrown, homemade (such as a recipe) or recycled/thrifted.

This does not need to be craft or sewing based. This is all about making our lives a little greener week by week.

A re-make!

It's a wet, wintery kind of day here in Melbourne.  Perfect for staying indoors and sewing.
Sometime ago I made this dress from the Yoshiko Tsukiori's Stylish dress book.  You can re-visit the post here.  It was way to big and it has sat in my closet every since.
So today I unpicked most of the dress and made the necessary adjustments.

I started with the top, adding some darts to the bust and gathering to the bodice seam which joins to the skirt.  I took a larger seam allowance as well for the side seams and under arms.


After cutting a large amount of fabric from the sides of the skirt, I used the same seam allowance and gathered it to match the top bodice piece.
The result.  A much nicer fitting dress that I can now actually wear!

 Did you have something that was Made : Grown : Thrifted this week? 
Please share below, we would love to hear about it. 

Don't forget you can also upload your photo's to The Haby Goddess facebook page.

Add this button to your blog to let others know you are making a difference this year. Just copy & paste the code below.

No comments: