I have a fridge covered in 9 year old party invitations so today I'm busy making some little gifts. I'm using a very basic phone cover pattern from the June edition of Sew Hip UK which I plan to fill with hair accessories instead.
The pattern uses a loop & button for the closer but I've substituted that for a Magnetic Stud Closer as they are a sinch to add. The closer comes as a 4 piece set - 2 magnetic closers plus 2 washers.
- The closers will be added to the lining fabric only - they should not be seen from the front. You should do this prior to sewing the side seams to whatever project you are working on. I have sewn the lining and front fabric together so I can accurately mark where the closers are to go.
- Measure & mark both lining pieces of fabric - they must be the same for the closers to match & close correctly.
- Add a little piece of stabilizer to the back of where the closer prongs will come through.
- Using scissors, cut the smallest of holes at your marks and push the closer prongs through to the back.
- Add the washer and then press prongs outward to secure.
Repeat this process exactly the same for the other side.
Complete sewing your project together.
Packs of 3 Magnetic Stud Closers are available in The Haby Goddess online store for only $5.00 plus minimal postage.