To make the mini heat packs I made:
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric 20cm x 10cm (8" x 4") - try to use a heavier fabric.
- Fold in half with the right sides matching and sew a 2/8 inch seam down both sides leaving the top open
- Clip corners and turn in right way and press.
- Using an erasable maker, draw a line at 3cm and one at 6cm and sew a straight stitch.
- Erase lines
- Using a funnel, fill each channel 3/4's of the way with rice (there are a number of different fillings you could use)
- Roll over open edging twice and sew across
- Heat in the Microwave for about 10-15 secs each. All microwaves will vary, they take very little time to heat so be very careful when removing.