Just a few quick, simple tips when purchasing sewing patterns

It's no secret that I am a huge Sew Happy workshop fan. I was a pattern making student of Carole's a few years back and I'm sure I would have never left if I didn't have to drive so far!
Carole has so kindly offered to provide a few sewing tips each month for the newsletter. This month they include hem standards used in the garment industry.
But in the meantime here are just a few really quick & simple tips when purchasing a pattern:
  • All commercial patterns are a b cup bust so when buying a pattern fit to high bust measurement then adjust
  • If you in between sizes of a skirt or pants pattern, get the smaller size as it's easier to adjust up than down
  • If you a going to alter a purchased pattern and plan on closing a dart, best to close dart closest to the side seam.

No comments: